Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > Maxisys Pro or Verus?
Maxisys Pro or Verus?

2278 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: 2015-09-23 09:22:32

•   Level 2   
    (19) points
    CornwellDemo
    2015-09-21 23:01:49
    Looking to purchase new scanner. Torn between Maxisys Pro and Snap On Verus

•   Level 2   
    (19) points
    CornwellDemo
    2015-09-21 23:13:53 (Reply to:CornwellDemo)
    Shop does a lot of domestic and asian with occasional european. Just looking for
    some honest thoughts on either product.

•   Level 6   
    (437) points
    Wild Bill

2015-09-22 07:14:16 (Reply to:CornwellDemo)

Own both. Autel all the way.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2015-09-22 16:18:31 (Reply to:CornwellDemo)

The Verus Edge is Snappy's  latest Verus,  has Windows 7 OS, 64gb solid state drive , 4 channel scope with great working scope software with valuable guided diagnostics,  and SSC program for the PC , a  1.83 GHZ quad core processor, Sure trak troubleshooter with current updating, and pretty much  get decent timely support for the product whether under warranty or not. You do need  to consider the current cost of a Maxi SYS Pro is only about 1/3 the price of the Verus Edge  , and includes standard European coverage , a j2534 pass through VCI , and HDMI port standard on the side of the side of the  tablet, without resorting to an optional docking station to get a HDMI connection . If I could afford a Verus Edge I would love to have one but realistically for a personal scanner for an  all around tech that's not doing dedicated drive ability all day long , the return on your investment on a Verus Edge could still take much longer than a Maxi Sys Pro, even if it could save an average of 10 minutes on each job, or having a mis diagnosis potentially saving you thousands of dollars  with Snappy's guided diagnostics .
      I believe the original Verus tablet hardware is kind of challenged  taking  around 5 minutes to boot , The Verus Pro is tolerable at just under 3 minutes , and the Edge takes only about a minute or about what a DS708 takes to boot up, LOL. but to be fair , all the Verus's load a  complete  bloated windows,XP or Windows 7 OS not just some  bare bones Windows CE the DS708 squeaks by loading  up .

•   Level 2   
    (19) points
    CornwellDemo
    2015-09-23 09:22:32
    Thank you for the input. I have decided on the Maxisys Elite.
  Total1 Pages